Software Verification and Validation Principal Engineer
|Job Title:||Software Verification and Validation Principal Engineer|
|Contract Type:||Contract, Permanent|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||January 06, 2022 10:50|
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our client team based in the Midlands to support the Group Leader and the Head of Software and Electronics to define and build a new global unit within R&D, creating relevant departments and sub-teams. The Software Verification and Validation team are responsible for the department's virtual software test and verification activities. They will supply the facilities and capability to support the electrical feature owner's virtual test requirements. This could take the form of Model, Software or Hardware in the loop testing (MIL, SIL, HIL). It is their job to ensure the test regimes are developed to be robust, repeatable and automated where possible. Our customers encourage new technical approaches and unconventional methods, and you will need to work well both individually and be able to lead teams in this pivotal role.
- Lead the team to:-
- Develop and mature the departmental virtual simulation strategy to verify/validate vehicle systems and components. This must focus on using resources efficiently and ensuring longevity in capability.
- Adopt a supplier mindset towards the system and component owners within the business with requirements for testing and sign-off. Develop the process which best facilitates this activity
- Develop rigs to support the strategy in a timely and robust way to support multiple systems, components and vehicle programme sign-off points.
- Work with the requirements owners to devise the appropriate test methods and test plans then carry out the testing in the most efficient way automating where feasible to ensure repeatability and reproducibility.
- Successfully manage multiple systems, and programmes and integration points to ensure they are on time and meet the stringent quality targets
- Support the Group Leader and the Head of SW&E to define the vision, goals, and expectations for the future of Software and Electronics
- Grow your team, building engineering capability and promoting process excellence
- Support and coach team members to evolve and grow in their roles
- Develop future strategies and technology roadmaps
- To act as the company ambassador for your domain.
- To have extensively developed MIL, SIL & HIL rigs for testing complex systems in a fast paced automotive environment.
- To have technical leadership experience with a track record of on time robust delivery
- To have software integration and testing experience at a vehicle level
- To have built and developed skilled engineering teams able to define complex systems and strategies
- Actively coached team members to become leaders of their domain
- Developed methods, tools, and processes
- Understand the principles of hardware and software design in an automotive context
- Ability to communicate complex technical strategies and proposals to various levels of the business and international stakeholders.
- Open-minded & innovative in all aspects and areas
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Electrical & Electronic / Software Engineering / Computer Science Degree or equivalent.
- Software Verification and Validation Principal Engineer
- Contract Type:
- Location: Coventry, West Midlands
- Industry: Engineering, Design
- Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH342_1641466253
- Contact: EES Solutions