Software Engineer - SOTA
|Job Title:||Software Engineer - SOTA|
|Contract Type:||Permanent, Contract|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£35.00 - £40 per hour + dependant on experience|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2020 13:57|
Our Client an automotive OEM based in the Midlands UK requires an experienced Software Engineer who is familiar with C/C++, Java, Matlab, Simulink and Linux. You will have three years or more experience of software development.
The SOTA (software over the air) and CDS (connected diagnostics services) systems are delivering new remote diagnostic, prognostic and update capabilities. They are complex systems of systems distributed across the vehicle and offboard systems, which require a number of different component parts to work together to deliver the overall behaviour.
This role sits within our client's team which owns the definition and overall delivery of these systems. The team's role is focused on the definition of a system design to deliver the desired behaviour, which they do through working closely with suppliers and other systems teams in their business. They then oversee the integration of the supplier code into their host hypervised software platform and ECU and are heavily involved in the debugging and root cause analysis of errors found during test. They also carry out modelling of aspects of the system to support design decisions.
Whilst our client's activities do not currently involve any code development for integration on vehicle, the nature of their design and their software architecture means that a strong background in software development is essential to be effective in this role.
- Carry out system and software design activities
- Define system and software behaviour to deliver against requirements
- Model behaviour using UML or SYSML constructs
- Review supplier code and sub-system designs
- Work with engineers for interfacing systems to understand operation and define new requirements
- Review logs to identify unexpected behaviour and errors
- Create scripts to support debug of errors
- Create models to understand aspects of system behaviour
- Participate in software code review.
- Interact with our client's other teams as directed by their team leader
- Take responsibility for all work assigned to you.
- Highlight any risks/dependencies early to the team. Contribute to retrospectives for continual improvement.
- Support API-based integration
- C / C++programming.
- Embedded Linux experience.
- Experienced working with version control systems (GIT).
- Experience working on collaborative system designs with multiple partners
- Experience in integrating and debugging complex software systems
- Fluent English language skills
- Electronics hardware knowledge an advantage.
- QNX experience an advantage but not essential.
- Matlab Simulink experience an advantage but not essential
- Experience of software integration via APIs
- Embedded S/W development (ICE, JTAG etc).
- Experience in Vehicle Diagnostics and associated vehicle communication protocols and architectures, UDSonCAN and UDSonDoIP
- Software Engineer - SOTA
- Contract Type:
- Location: Coventry, West Midlands
- Industry: Engineering
- Salary: £35.00 - £40 per hour + dependant on experience
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH82_1577973444
- Contact: EES Solutions