Logistics Engineering Manager
|Job Title:||Logistics Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||December 12, 2019 10:59|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Engineering Manager for the all site engineering duties for the National Distribution Centre (NDC) operations and the engineering requirements and development of our 2 650m sq foot purpose built logistics site
- The site contractor and general facilities management.
- Fire safety, technical and environmental legislative compliance and procedures.
- Facility engineering management for the J15 warehouse project.
- NDC & J15 transitional requirements, projects and automation solutions.
- Ensure that all facilities are compliant to Legislation and standards, with special respect to Security, Safety Health and Environmental
- Supervise multi-disciplinary teams of staff internal and external including maintenance, grounds and contract workers (e.g. IT/Quality ect.).
- Develop, implement, maintain and police effective contractor control, Engineering, Maintenance procedures and Group Standards.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Plan for future development in line with the Strategic Business Objectives.
- Build on current systems and processes via best practice and new technologies to cultivate a progressive working environment.
- Lead and coordinate teams as required to cover various areas of responsibility.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:-
Site Fire Protection, Alarms, CCTV, Drainage, Lighting, Compressed Air, Civils, Utilities, Canteens & Offices, Fast Acting Doors, Dock Levellers, Grounds Maintenance, Legionnaires, Services including HV / LV Power and Lighting, Gas and Water.
- The post holder will ensure safety procedures are followed on site for contractor control and permit to work management.
- Requirement to network across site and develop strong relationships and clear communication channels across Howdens Engineering and Manufacturing.
- It is essential the post holder both shares and demonstrates the Howdens business values.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree or equivalent experience in an Engineering / Facilities discipline.
- NEBOSH or equivalent safety experience.
- Strong decision maker who has a successful track record in Engineering / Facilities Management in a large organisation.
- Must have excellent Team working, influencing and inter-personal skills.
- Strong Project Management ability alongside a desire to engage`hands on' when required.
- Highly motivated and flexible leader to cope with the changing demands within a fast-paced environment.
- Team orientated professional that quickly builds and fosters positive working relationships.
- Track record of driving continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to performance management and develop people.
- Experience of technical and environmental legislation and processes that ensure compliance.
- Proven project management, budget and financial control is essential.
- Essential the successful candidate has a proven capability in problem-solving skills.
- Logistics Engineering Manager
- Contract Type:
- Location: Northamptonshire, England
- Industry: Engineering
- Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH93_1576148383
- Contact: EES Solutions