Chief Development Engineer
|Job Title:||Chief Development Engineer|
|Contract Type:||Contract, Permanent|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||January 06, 2022 11:05|
Our client requires an experienced Chief Development Engineer to ensure Development Department implements and maintains the Global Engineering APQP Process with respect to New Product Introduction, Production support and R&D activities. You will be responsible for leading a team of 3 development engineers and 3 technicians.
- Interface with other departments to help promote DFM, DFA and support strategic low-cost sourcing and continuous improvement activities.
- Drive and take ownership of Prototype build / R&D feedback to the organisation thus improving and enhancing future designs etc.
- Support Global Production / Manufacturing / Quality and Customer issues communicating all throughout the Organisation.
- Generate team-working environment within Development Department and promote Engineering and inter-departmental meetings, reviews etc.
- Produce, review and improve DVP and R's striving to exceed both internal and external customer expectations.
- Direct Development link with customer Product Ownership
- Plan and implement Laboratory TPM supporting H&S, considering company procedures and legislation.
- Responsible for the Training and Development of Test Engineers / Fitters in all aspects (i.e. Prototype manufacture, Testing, Data capture and maintaining records).
- Responsible for Test Specifications, data output from rig tests, help support
- Production Test Facilities, Rig Design (i.e. in a consultant capacity).
- Lead Development department and responsible for releasing weekly Development Plan
- Adhere to Engineering Prototype launch systems and processes plus promote and enforce such adherence throughout Development Department
- Ensure all prototype builds meet customer expectations
- Knowledge and understanding of Water, Oil, Fuel, mechanical and electric pumps application and testing
- Instrumentation Technology
- Compile and complete DVPRs
- Problem solving and technical reporting
- Chief Development Engineer
- Contract Type:
- Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
- Industry: Engineering, Design
- Salary: Negotiable
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH351_1641467107
- Contact: EES Solutions